Well through all the ups and downs this week, I am happy to say that I have finally found some peace. Yesterday we sent Blake's kindergarten registration in to his current preschool. Right now he attends a church preschool program that also has one kindergarten class. This was one of our options we have been praying about and even though I had some reservations, as of right now Brent and I both feel comfortable with him staying there another year to complete kindergarten. The benefits of this option is that it is so close to our house, it is a morning program running until noon, it's affordable and a Christian environment that Blake is familiar with and has friends who will be moving up with him. Because there is only one class we needed to register Blake this week if we wanted to hold a spot. At this point, I am feeling really good about our decision. I know God can still change things but just knowing that we have a direction lifts a huge weight off my shoulders. Even though Blake has been in preschool for two years now and I have joked for years about the excitement of him going off to school, I am really nervous about letting my little boy into this world away from my protection for an extended time. Again I know it's a control issue and I am sure this is only the beginning with the kids but I am so thankful that God has given me the peace needed for today! I am so thankful to serve an all powerful, loving, personal God who cares about every detail of our lives.
Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.




No comments:
Post a Comment