Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Longing for Spring

Maybe its just me but it feels like this winter has been one of the longest and coldest in quite awhile and I think it is finally taking a toll on me. I am trying to stay positive and keep my spirits high but this cold is wearing me down. At times I feel that I can't get warm no matter how many fuzzy socks or sweatshirts I wear. I have a very low tolerance for cold and even though Brent laughs at me ...I do physically hurt when I am cold. This winter also has kept me indoors because of Blake. It is not worth the sickness or the hassle of dressing him to face the cold so we stay indoors. So as you can see I am longing for Spring. My plan for today to lift my spirits is to update the blog colors to that of spring. I know Spring will be here soon so I am looking forward to the warm sunny days that will soon brighten all of our days.

4 comments:

nana said...

We, too, are longing for spring. There are buds on some of the trees around here, so hope that's encouraging to you. We're not the only ones complaining about this winter's weather! We have had a total of 48 inches of snow! Good picture of Blake, hope he can enjoy lots of fun in the park when the weather gets warmer!
Love you,
Nana & Grandpa

Lori and Dustin said...

You're not the only one's! We are waiting for spring too. Can't wait for the warm weather to come!

Jen said...

Right there with you! Goodbye runny noses - hello allergies! I think we were born cold as I can never seem to be warm these days either.

Poppy said...

I enjoy the cold temperatures! Okay, maybe not totally, but I just wanted to get a reaction from you.
Nice flower photo! I thought it was a "scratch 'n sniff." Messed up my monitor. Oops.
Maybe not too much longer until you are posting pool photos!