So we are embarking on one of those big decisions in life regarding Blake. He is ready to enter kindergarten next year and we are in the process of deciding where he should go to school. I was experiencing some major anxiety about this because I want to make the right decision for him. It is one thing to make a choice that affects me but this decision affects Blake, his learning, his circle of influence and friends etc. We are his parents, responsible to protect him, raise him and give him the best that we can and so the anxiety rises! Thanks to some wise counsel, I have a plan :-) First I am going to visit each school that is an option for Blake to attend. I will visit the school, talk with some of the teachers and pray that the Holy Spirit gives me a clear direction. I have listed the pros and cons to each school. I know what certain benefits are versus the possible negatives. I will gain as much information as possible and then pray. Pray hard!!! Pray that God will reveal His perfect will for Blake's life. Again, it is so hard making these decisions that affect Blake and his upbringing but I know that God knows and loves Blake even more than I do. He knows what Blake needs for k5, I just need to discern what God wants. So as I visit 2 schools today I pray for divine direction that God's will be made known and remind myself of these truths so that the anxiety lessens and all that remains is faith!
Phil. 4:6-7 Do not be anxious for about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.




1 comment:
Sounds like a good plan, Kim! It sounds like you're open to wherever God wants Blake to be!
Post a Comment